B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- The 4-year, 8-semester B Tech (ECE) program offers students a comprehensive blend of basic, core, and specialized courses, electives, and projects in order to provide them with a deep and all round exposure to various conceptual and practical aspects of the discipline.
- The first year features basic courses like mathematics, physics, logic design, programming (C, C++ and data structures), electrical science, and electronic circuits.
- The second year includes core courses like linear algebra, random processes, signals and systems, analog & digital circuits, electronics workshop, analog & digital communications, digital signal processing, and introduction to VLSI design.
- The third year offers a combination of medium to advanced courses. Some of the core courses include microprocessor based system design, information theory, communication networks, and networks and transmission lines.
- Electives include adaptive and multi-rate signal processing, digital image processing, pattern recognition, data compression, cryptography, wireless communications, guided waves & radiating systems, formal foundations of VLSI design, and digital design using HDLs.
- The final year provides a mix of specialized courses and some of the electives listed above. Specialized courses offered in the first semester are signal detection theory, speech processing, embedded systems, and analog & mixed signal design.
- In the sixth semester, students are required to take up a two-semester-long B Tech project (commonly called FYP at other institutes).