B. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- The 4-year, 8-semester B Tech (CSE) program offers students a comprehensive blend of basic, core, and specialized courses, electives, and projects in order to provide them with a deep and all round exposure to various conceptual and practical aspects of the discipline.
- The first year features basic courses like mathematics, physics, logic design, programming (C, C++ and data structures), electrical science, and electronic circuits.
- The second year includes core courses like Operating Systems, Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Artificial Intelligence, Database management systems, Signals and Systems.
- The third year offers a combination of medium to advanced courses. Some of the core courses include Computer Networks, Software Engineering , Compilers.
- Electives include Computer Graphics, Computational Geometry, Pattern Recognition, Computer Vision, Digital Image Processing, Data Mining, Multi Agent Systems, Natural Language Processing, Information Extraction, VLSI Algorithms, CryptoGraphy, Advanced Cryptography, Robotics etc.
- The final year provides a mix of specialized courses and some of the electives listed above.
- In the sixth semester, students are required to take up a two-semester-long B Tech project i.e., BTP (commonly called FYP at other institutes).